Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tuesday

Breakfast:

2 cups coffee with 1%milk and sweetener
1/2 banana
Whole grain 8" tortilla with 3 slices sandwich turkey (30 cals each) for a total of @ 200 cals.

Lunch:

Big bowl of mixed greens with 1 TBSP Asian dressing.
Can of sardines, drained (packed in olive oil) 200 cals
5 multigrain Club crackers. (a "serving" is 4 crackers so 5 is about 100 cals)

Snack: 3/4 cup of brown rice (cooked) with butter substitute;
1/2 apple. Cup of coffee with milk and Splenda.

Note: this was a satisfying snack and I was not especially hungry at dinner.

[Texmati organic brown rice is super good and tender. The aroma of brown or basmati rice cooking is as great as baking bread. It takes 10-15 minutes longer to cook than white rice. NEVER wash rice. In a sauce pan you need 2 cups of water to a cup of rice. In my rice cooker I need to add more water - 3 cups to a cup of rice. I add a drop of olive oil to keep the grains separate and not boil up and a LITTLE salt.]

It rained with thunder, so no walk today. I don't get bent out of shape if I miss a walk a couple times a week. I sometimes walk up and down 6 flights of stairs (one time) at the hospital while I wait for my husband during his physical therapy (twice a week).

Dinner:
1 small slice (about the size of a deck of cards) of curried chicken cutlet from previous dinner.
Just 1/4 cup brown rice because I had the rest as a snack.
2 slices of sauteed eggplant. (1 sliced (1/2 inch) eggplant sauteed with spray olive oil and 1 TBSP of the real thing, salt and pepper. You need a large fry pan to cook a whole eggplant.).

[Eggplant absorbs too much oil if you dip it in crumbs but it is really great without. just brown it and then put on a tight cover and keep heating on medium heat until soft all the way through. If you just boil or steam your veggies, try sauteeing them with spray oil with or without a few drops of flavored oil. It brings out lots of good flavor. One of my other favorites cooked this way is zucchini.)

Cup of decaf with milk for dessert.

Note: No longing for a snack after dinner tonight. Maybe the rice? - a whole grain carb at the right time?? I'll have to try this gain.

No comments:

WEIGHTLOSS SUPPORT

Please feel free to send me a message suggesting topics you would like to discuss.
kirsten.llamas@gmail.com

Add your comments at the bottom of any topic.

Remember the most recent topics are at the top of the page. If you want to read the topics in the narrative sequence they were written, just start from the bottom.