Sunday, April 6, 2008

Do it with me.

OK, I gained a few pounds. So I am back on my own diet again. When I see the scale tick up or the pants get a little tight, I get right back on it. Maybe the holidays, maybe some meds I have been taking. First I just cut back a little but no results. So time to get back big time. So last week I started to eat the way I did before and already a couple pounds are off and that fearsome number I simply will not pass is slipping further away.

So I am going to post what I eat each day. Why not do it with me?

Yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with 1% milk and Splenda
1/2 banana
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch:
Big serving bowl of mixed lettuce with 1/3 cup slivered almonds and 6 crumbled whole grain Club crackers. Half a packet, about 1 TBSP of taco salad dressing (comes with Dole's Taco Salad mix) thinned out with a little 1% milk so it will cover the lettuce better. You can substitute any salad dressing you like as long as it's no more than 1 TBSP. If it isn't a creamy dressing thin it with water and vinegar to taste. Add a little salt and pepper if you want.
Cup of tea with milk and sweetener.

Snack: 6 walnut pieces, 6 whole almonds. Cup of coffee with milk/sweetener, teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa..

Exercise: Did some light work in the garden. Ran a couple errands.

Company came just as I was planning to take my 40 minute walk. So missed that yesterday. It delayed dinner an hour but the snack carried me through. My husband was more impatient to eat than I was.

Dinner: fajita with 6 strips of round steak (cooked in spray olive oil with 2 TBSP or basil flavored olive oil, flavored with garlic powder and pepper, lightly salted), 1 TBSP labna (whole milk yogurt from the Middle East - very similar to sour cream but not as much fat); 1/3 Haas (small California type) avocado with a little olive oil and vinegar, salt, pepper. A couple TBSP of salsa. Wrapped in an 8 inch high protein wheat tortilla.

Note: the total oil that I consumed was about 1/3 of what I used to prepare the meat because I divided it into 3 portions to share.

Cup of decaf with milk and sweetener for dessert.

I take a regular multivitamin every day. A glass of tomato juice in mid morning would have been OK but I forgot ;-)

Some other dinners I like:

A slice of frozen turkey cutlet with stir fry sauce, small amount of sesame oil for flavor (used spray oil for the rest) and a package of stir fry vegetables. Soy sauce. Sundry cooked vegetables on the side like corn or broccoli. I cook enough to have 2 days in a row and share.

Turkey burger - a big patty mixed with a couple spoonfuls of salsa before pan frying (could be done on the grill) on one piece of 100% whole wheat bread. Any cooked vegetables on the side or a salad with no more than 1 TBSP dressing, diluted as above.

No comments:

WEIGHTLOSS SUPPORT

Please feel free to send me a message suggesting topics you would like to discuss.
kirsten.llamas@gmail.com

Add your comments at the bottom of any topic.

Remember the most recent topics are at the top of the page. If you want to read the topics in the narrative sequence they were written, just start from the bottom.