Monday, March 24, 2008

What I eat for Lunch

I try to vary lunch but you can eat one thing that works for a while and vary it a little.

Salad (of course). I choose from a selection of what to put with it.

1. Ceasar salad with just a few croutons and a light Caesar dressing. I get the Dole kit and use half the dressing. Parmesan or Romano cheese sprinkled over is OK.

2. I like Dole's Asian salad. Half the dressing, half the noodles. I add 14 cup of slivered almonds.

3. a baby lettuce mix with 1/2 2% or 4% cottage cheese, a spritz type salad dressing and a slice of whole wheat bread.

4. tuna ON salad using a spritz of salad dressing (new low call spritzers are made by a couple companies now) - or the more typical tuna "salad" IF you make it with only a dab of light mayo, with lots of chopped onion and celery. Could be a half sandwich or as a salad without bread.

If not salad I eat:
1. A Lean cuisine - any less than 300 calories. I don't care for the ones with garlic in them (garlic gets a weird taste when frozen) and I avoid the high carb ones with lots of noodles. I would eat other brands but don't like them as much.

2. left over meat from the night before such as sliced chicken - either on a salad or in a half sandwich.

3. half a sandwich. No cheese or mayo. Meat low fat. I use spicy mustard and whole wheat bread. Lots of lettuce to make it moist. I am allergic to tomatoes but they would be fine.

4. a large bowl of soup as long as it is under 300 calories. I like the boxed Campbells such as portobello mushroom, corn chowder and my fav is summer squash. A piece of whole wheat bread. No crackers!

5. a tin of sardines packed in olive oil - drained. A piece of whole wheat bread. Small salad on the side.

More with special recipes later.

No comments:

WEIGHTLOSS SUPPORT

Please feel free to send me a message suggesting topics you would like to discuss.
kirsten.llamas@gmail.com

Add your comments at the bottom of any topic.

Remember the most recent topics are at the top of the page. If you want to read the topics in the narrative sequence they were written, just start from the bottom.