Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Menu (a day of indungence!)

I am going to eat lightly for breakfast and lunch because I have a meeting tonight and there is going to be a catered snack table. My calorie count will be up for sure - but I have not splurged since Christmas and can handle one too big meal of treats. I will decide tonight what things I would really like to taste that I have not had in a long time before I fill my plate.

Breakfast:

[ note on beverages: I am going to stop adding the details of my beverages. Coffee is always with 1 % milk and sweetener. Decaf after 3. I have one with or after meals and one or 2 more between meals. Hot in the morning but often iced in the afternoon.

Sometimes tea with sweetener, no lemon but OK. I am just allergic to lemon. No bubbly drinks. Water if I am thirsty but I do not drink a lot of fluid. It does not fill your stomach up and the medical studies say that 8, 8 oz glasses a day is an old wives tale that is difficult to get out of the American diet psyche (google it). But it sure will keep you in the potty. Thirst is enough to tell you when to drink under normal conditions. If you exercise strenuously and sweat a lot you will need more. Drink before and after exercise. ]

coffee (as usual)
1/2 apple (out of bananas)
1/2 sandwich of 1 slice of whole wheat bread and 2 slices of sandwich turkey.

Lunch:

Small salad with taco dressing (1/2 saved from the Dole kit)
1/4 cup of mixed sunflower and melon seeds.
1 cup of carrot/cashew/ginger soup. 120 cals.

No snack.
Dinner: before I leave for the meeting (which starts well past my normal supper hour} I had a small bowl of left-over pot roast from Sunday. Just enough to be sure I am not famished at the snack table.

I have 6 crackers with brie (like sandwiches)
About 10 black and green olives (not very good ones unfortunately)
A few grapes
1 cracker with a veggie dip
The carrots were slimy so I passed on them
3 big radishes
Krupuch (spelling?) These are a crisp fried chip made from ground shrimp shells. I know, I know - sounds weird. They are more delicious than a potato chip but probably no more nutritious - not fishy tasting at all. They are very light puffs like some corn snacks. I had a dear Dutch friend raised in Indonesia who always served these as a before dinner treat and the taste always reminds me of some fun times.

Dessert: a cranberry coffee cake and another brie/cracker sandwich.

Tomorrow I will go back to the diet - no problem. It was a day off and I deserved it.

No comments:

WEIGHTLOSS SUPPORT

Please feel free to send me a message suggesting topics you would like to discuss.
kirsten.llamas@gmail.com

Add your comments at the bottom of any topic.

Remember the most recent topics are at the top of the page. If you want to read the topics in the narrative sequence they were written, just start from the bottom.